Pet-Friendly Sober Living
Accommodating Transitional Housing for You and Your Pet
Making the transition from rehab to independent living is challenging enough without the added stress of arranging for the care of your pet while you’re away at a sober living home. Or maybe you just don’t have anyone that you trust to take care of your pet while you’re away. At Eudaimonia Recovery Homes, we understand the importance of making this transition as easy as possible and we also realize that some people in recovery have committed to caring for a pet.
For these reasons, we are happy to provide pet-friendly sober living apartments in Austin, Texas. Having the opportunity to build a sober life that is filled with meaning and purpose is extremely important, and having your pet with you during this time can provide some extraordinary benefits.
Eudaimonia Pet-Friendly Sober Living in Austin, Texas
Eudaimonia Recovery Homes is dedicated to providing unique, personalized settings to provide each client with the best opportunity for long-term sobriety. Our transitional living homes are designed to suit all types of individuals in recovery, including those with pets.
Our pet-friendly apartments are each designed to comfortably accommodate two men. These one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments provide convenient access to an on-site dog park and roommates are paired with those who have similar pets. Other amenities include:
- Fully furnished apartment
- Single platform beds with clean, comfortable bedding
- Full-size kitchen appliances, cooking, and eating utensils
- Private pool
- Fitness center
- Community center
- Coffee lounge
- Media room
- On-site laundry facilities
All of our pet-friendly sober living apartment homes are grouped together inside the gated apartment complex, which is staffed 24/7. The complex is located in a desirable area of Central Austin, near an abundance of retail shops, restaurants, grocery stores, and employment opportunities.
Why Choose to Live in a Pet-Friendly Sober Living Home?
- Pets provide a number of benefits in addiction treatment and recovery. Research shows that pets provide a variety of physical benefits for individuals in recovery, such as lowering blood pressure and reducing anxiety and depression. Additionally, regular interaction with animals can be very therapeutic for some people and may even increase self-esteem. Pets also provide unconditional love and affection and give clients the opportunity to demonstrate responsibility by caring for their pet while enrolled in a sober living program.
- Pet-friendly sober living can make the transition easier. Whether you’re coming straight from rehab or you’ve spent some time living independently on your own, finding a sober living program that fits your needs isn’t always easy. It requires time, research, and planning. Instead of worrying about who will care for your pet while you’re away completing a sober living program, having the ability to bring your pet with you can eliminate that additional stress throughout the process.
- Having your pet with you may help you develop relationships with your roommate or other residents. It’s always easier to strike up a conversation or build a relationship with someone when you have something in common. Get to know your pet-loving roommate or neighbors by introducing them to your dog or cat. Pets also provide plenty of opportunities for group activities such as taking a trip to the park, going on a hike, or attending a pet-oriented event in Austin. It’s important to have fun in recovery and your pet may provide more opportunities to do so with your sober roommates and friends.
Dogs, cats, caged animals, and fish are all welcome in our pet-friendly sober living apartments. Please contact Eudaimonia Recovery Homes today to find out if your pet will qualify to accompany you or your loved one during your residence at our Austin apartment complex.
Rules about pets
It is Eudaimonia’s policy to not allow the following pets on the property:
- pets with a violent disposition (including, without limitation, pit bull, chow chow, German shepherd, Doberman, Rottweiler, and Staffordshire terrier).
- pets larger than thirty pounds;
- pets younger than two years old;
- cats that are not declawed; and
- pets that are not spayed or neutered.
Eudaimonia shall have the right to immediately revoke the License in the following events:
- the pet disturbs or disrupts the serenity of any person;
- the pet bites (or attempts to bite) any person, injures any person, or damages any property;
- Client fails to control the pet, leaves the pet in the dwelling unit for an extended period of time without any food or water, or fails to care for a sick pet;
- Client fails to clean up after the pet;
- Client fails to provide for the ordinary needs of the pet (food, water, etc.); or
- Client abandons the pet.