Table of contents
Living a sober life can be a challenge, especially in a city like Colorado Springs where the bar scene is thriving and alcohol is heavily ingrained in the culture. This guide helps you live a drug-free life in a beautiful city in Colorado.
This guide helps locals and visitors in Colorado Springs stay sober and enjoy their time with tips, resources, and support. Set aside that beverage and let’s plunge into the definitive guide to living sober in Colorado Springs!
Why sobriety is a game-changer
Sober living is a game-changer in more ways than one. It can change everything in your life, like your health, relationships, and happiness. Here are a few reasons why sobriety is a game-changer:
- Improved Physical Health: Drinking alcohol can harm your body, causing liver damage, heart issues, and a weaker immune system. By choosing sobriety, you give your body a chance to heal and thrive. You’ll experience increased energy levels, better sleep, and improved overall physical well-being.
- Mental Clarity: Alcohol affects your brain and can impair cognitive function, memory, and decision-making abilities. Sobriety allows your mind to clear up and function at its full capacity. You’ll notice improved focus, increased mental sharpness, and better decision-making skills.
- Emotional Stability: People often drink alcohol to help them cope with stress, anxiety, and depression. However, it only provides temporary relief and can actually worsen these conditions in the long run. Sobriety allows you to address the root causes of your emotional struggles and develop healthier coping mechanisms. You’ll experience a greater sense of emotional stability, improved mood, and enhanced overall well-being.
- Stronger Relationships: Alcohol can strain relationships and create conflicts, as it impairs communication and can lead to regrettable actions. By choosing sobriety, you can rebuild and strengthen your relationships. You’ll be more present and engaged in your interactions with others, fostering deeper connections and healthier dynamics.
Embracing the sober life in the Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs is a supportive place for people in any stage of their recovery journey. Whether they’re at the beginning or already progressing towards sober living, it’s irrelevant. Here are some key aspects to consider when embracing sobriety in this vibrant city:
- Supportive Recovery Community: Colorado Springs has a strong recovery community with many support groups, meetings, and events available. The city has a reputation for its active AA and NA communities. They offer a safe place for people to connect with others who have gone through similar experiences. There are numerous groups and organizations that assist individuals with specific needs and preferences. This ensures that everyone can discover a community that they resonate with.
- Treatment Centers and Resources: Colorado Springs has many good treatment centers and resources for people seeking professional help with their sobriety. These facilities provide personalized treatment plans, therapy sessions, educational workshops, and other evidence-based approaches to support recovery.
- Outdoor Activities and Wellness: Living a sober life in Colorado Springs means having many outdoor activities and wellness opportunities to enjoy. The city has gained renown for its breathtaking natural landscapes, which include numerous hiking trails, serene lakes, and picturesque parks. Engaging in outdoor activities allows individuals to connect with nature, find inner peace, and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- Sober-Friendly Events and Social Life: Colorado Springs values a balanced social life without alcohol. Local establishments and organizations often host alcohol-free events and social gatherings, providing individuals with alternatives to traditional nightlife. These events include art shows and concerts, allowing people in recovery to have fun nights out without risking their sobriety. Additionally, many restaurants and coffee shops offer non-alcoholic beverage options, allowing individuals to socialize in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Finding support in the local community
This vibrant city offers a plethora of resources and organizations dedicated to helping individuals in their quest for a sober life. Here are some key ways you can find support in the Colorado Springs community:
- Support Groups: Colorado Springs has a strong recovery community with many support groups for different needs and preferences. Organizations such as AA and NA are fairly well-known. They offer a safe place for people to share their stories. They also support each other without judging one another. These groups meet regularly in the city. You can meet others who are on a similar journey and learn from their experiences.
- Treatment Centers: Colorado Springs boasts several reputable treatment centers that offer comprehensive care and support for individuals seeking professional help. These centers provide various programs such as detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient programs, and counseling services. The staff at these places receive training to provide personalized care. They also create individual treatment plans for your specific needs.
- Community Organizations: Colorado Springs has numerous community organizations that assist individuals seeking a sober lifestyle. Support groups and treatment centers complement these organizations. These organizations may provide resources such as counseling services, mentorship programs, educational workshops, and employment assistance. By reaching out to these organizations, you can access additional support to enhance your recovery journey. Some notable organizations include Springs Recovery Connection, The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, and AspenRidge Recovery Centers.
- Online Support: Online help is useful for people trying to stop drinking, along with local resources. Online platforms and forums allow you to connect with others who share similar experiences and can offer guidance and encouragement. These virtual communities provide a safe and convenient space for individuals to share their progress, ask questions, and seek advice.
The best hangout spots for sober fun in Colorado Springs
Whether you’re looking for a laid-back environment or something more adventurous, there are options for everyone. Here are some of the best hangout spots for sober fun in Colorado Springs:
- Garden of the Gods: This iconic natural landmark is a must-visit for outdoor enthusiasts. With stunning rock formations and breathtaking views, Garden of the Gods offers plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, and rock climbing. Enjoy Colorado Springs’ trails and nature without using substances, and appreciate its beauty for a day.
- Olympic Training Center: The Olympic Training Center is a good place to go if you like sports or want active entertainment. Take a guided tour to learn about the history of the Olympics and see where athletes train for their Olympic dreams. You can experiment with various sports such as archery, weightlifting, and swimming to get a feel of the Olympic experience.
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: For those interested in history and culture, the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum is a fascinating place to visit. Explore the exhibits that showcase the history of the Pikes Peak region and learn about the pioneers who shaped the city. The museum also hosts events and educational programs that provide engaging and enriching experiences for visitors of all ages.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: Spend a day at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, the highest zoo in America, and enjoy unique animal encounters. From feeding giraffes to getting up close with elephants, the zoo offers unforgettable experiences for animal lovers. Take a stroll through beautiful exhibits and learn about conservation efforts while surrounded by breathtaking mountain views.
Navigating challenges and staying strong
Transitioning to a sober life can be difficult. However, with the right mindset and support, it is possible to overcome challenges. By staying committed to being sober, you can successfully navigate this transition. Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Build a Support System: Surround yourself with people who understand and support your journey to sobriety. This can include family, friends, support groups, or a sponsor. Having a strong support system will provide encouragement, accountability, and someone to turn to during difficult times.
- Practice Self-Care: Taking care of yourself is crucial during this time. Engage in activities that bring you joy, such as working out, practicing mindfulness, journaling, or pursuing your hobbies. Prioritize self-care to manage stress and maintain a positive mindset.
- Set Realistic Goals: Setting realistic goals can help you stay motivated and provide a sense of accomplishment. Start with small goals and gradually work towards bigger ones. Celebrate each milestone you achieve, whether it’s a week, a month, or a year of sobriety.
- Find Healthy Coping Mechanisms: In the past, alcohol or drugs may have been your go-to for dealing with stress or difficult emotions. It’s important to find healthier alternatives to cope with these challenges. This can include practicing mindfulness, engaging in creative outlets, seeking therapy, or joining support groups.
Eudaimonia Can Help Keep You on the Path to Recovery
Eudaimonia offers excellent recovery programs with tailored care. In these programs, individuals can develop positive coping skills with the tools necessary to maintain sobriety. Eudaimonia even provides tailored care based on gender and orientation. We also include supervised, short-term housing to provide support for newly sober individuals. But no matter where you are in your recovery, Eudaimonia Sober Living Homes can provide support every step of the way. We have facilities for sober living in Austin, Houston, and Colorado Springs ready to assist you in living your sober lifestyle. Call Eudaimonia Sober Living Homes at (888) 424 – 4029 for more information on the admissions process and current room availability.