If you have already completed some form of inpatient drug rehab or you’re searching for an alternative, you may be well-suited for an online intensive outpatient program (IOP).
What Is Online IOP?
Online drug rehab is just one of many substance abuse treatment methods available to people who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. Unlike face-to-face treatment, online IOP provides intensive outpatient programming for people in recovery via an online platform.
Different online IOP programs will vary and some may offer interactive videos while others may provide downloadable workbooks/videos for clients to complete at their own pace. People who are enrolled in online IOP may attend group meetings remotely and participate in discussions related to sobriety, relapse prevention techniques, life skills development, and behavioral therapy techniques.
Online IOP is not intended to replace face-to-face addiction treatment such as residential drug rehab. Instead, it is perfectly suited to enhance in-person addiction treatment programs like sober living programs and provide additional personalized support when needed.
On its own, online IOP is likely not sufficient to treat severely addicted individuals or people who have not yet completed detox and/or residential rehab. However, it can be used as part of a comprehensive addiction treatment program to provide individuals with the best opportunity for sustained sobriety.
5 Benefits of Online IOP for Addiction Recovery
Many people in recovery find online IOP to be highly beneficial for several reasons. Here are some of the main benefits of online IOP for addiction recovery.
- Online IOP is convenient. Many online IOP programs offer flexible scheduling and the ability to attend whenever you are available. You can also attend sessions remotely from wherever you are, whether you’re at home, traveling, or in-between shifts at work. Online rehab does not require any travel and can be tailored to perfectly align with your work or school schedule.
- Online IOP protects your personal information and your right to privacy. A reputable online IOP program will adhere to all HIPAA regulations to ensure that your personal information is protected at all times. You will also have the added benefit of attending drug rehab from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Online IOP is personalized. A high-quality online IOP program will address your individual treatment needs, just like traditional IOP should. Although your treatment will occur online, your treatment team should still take the time to review your treatment history, identify your treatment needs, and establish a comprehensive plan for your care.
- Online IOP provides treatment from experts. A reputable online IOP program will provide high-quality evidence-based treatment from established and experienced addiction treatment professionals. Although anyone who has gotten sober can provide practical tips and advice based on their own experience, licensed professionals will use research-based and evidence-based treatment methods, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy to provide well-rounded and comprehensive treatment.
- Online IOP provides a social support system. Attending regular online IOP sessions will encourage consistent engagement and communication with treatment professionals and other sober individuals. This will help you establish a solid recovery support community outside of a rehab center.
How to Choose an Online Drug Rehab Program?
Not all online drug rehab programs are created equally and if you’re interested in enrolling in an online IOP program, you must do your homework. To find a reputable and high-quality online IOP program, you may want to ensure that the program meets the following criteria:
- It is offered by a licensed addiction treatment facility.
- It is facilitated by licensed addiction treatment professionals.
- It utilizes evidence-based and research-based treatment methods.
- It adheres to all HIPAA regulations to protect your personal information and privacy.
- It is fairly priced based on the services and treatment provided.
- It offers ways to monitor your drug use during treatment to remain accountable.
- It offers opportunities for you to engage with other sober individuals and/or treatment providers regularly.
- It provides treatment for an adequate period of time.
Should I Enroll in Online IOP?
Online IOP may be a good fit for you if you:
- Have already completed a drug detox and/or residential rehab program
- Are unable to travel to attend face-to-face IOP meetings
- Live in a remote area that is far from any addiction treatment centers
- Travel frequently
- Prefer to attend IOP remotely
The best way to determine if online drug rehab is right for you is by talking to an addiction treatment specialist directly. He or she can help you determine an adequate and personalized treatment plan that will address all of your needs. This may or may not include online IOP. To speak with an admissions representative at Eudaimonia Recovery Homes today, please call (512) 363-5914.
Can I Use Insurance to Pay for Online Addiction Treatment?
Your insurance coverage for online addiction treatment will vary depending on the policy you have purchased. If you’d like to find out more about the extent of your insurance coverage for IOP, please call (512) 363-5914 to verify your health insurance benefits over the phone. We accept most forms of insurance.
Learn More About Our Online IOP Today
At Eudaimonia Recovery Homes, we believe in your ability to rise above your addiction and start living a healthy, happy life in recovery. We provide our clients with all the tools and resources they need to be successful, from intensive outpatient programs to sober living, certified peer recovery support programs, and more.
Our online IOP program is an eight-week program with group sessions hosted three times a week. Clients can attend remotely from any computer, phone, or tablet and video sessions are fully interactive for an enhanced online treatment experience. Each three-hour IOP session is broadcast from our licensed addiction treatment center in Texas and is led by a licensed professional counselor.
If you’d like to learn more about Eudaimonia’s online intensive outpatient program or you’d like to enroll, call (512) 363-5914 today to learn more.